sorry guys I guess I should have given more information.

I have a LM 8.1 Samba 2.2.2 (latest release with updated security patch from
Mandrake Update site) set to Share level security no netlogons or domain
controllers enabled because we are in a workgroup not a domain.  I want one
WinXP client to open up its network neighborhood (which is totally weird but
that is a different story) and see that the Samba box is there to share
files.  I dont want the Samba box to provide print services either.  All I
want the Samba box to do is provide file server services to one WinXP
client.  My other M$ boxes are connecting to the Samba box just fine.  The
WinXP box is not at all.  AM I missing a smbpasswd or encrypted password or
registry change somewhere?  Do you know where I can find an up to date HOWTO
on Samba and WinXP communications?  Thank You.

-Todd