I am not sure if this has been resolved yet (subscribed in digest, and
some digests don't make it from imap to mozilla ...), but I have been
using Windows XP Pro RC1 with a Mandrake 8.1 box running samba-2.2.2. I
have just received a final Windows XP Pro which I will try and test with
shortly.

I specifically setup the machine for testing joining of XP Pro to samba
domains, so I applied the reg patch (available in samba's docs dir and
from  http://mandrakuser.org/connect/csamba6.html#winxp) before doing
anything else.

Here are some quick links:
/usr/share/doc/samba-doc-2.2.2/docs/Registry/WinXP_SignOrSeal.reg
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/samba_xp_domain_member.reg

If someone can confirm whether this helps, I will update some of the
docs on Mandrakeuser.org ... any other way we can get this out in
general knowledge?

Buchan

> RE: [expert] more information was needed Samba and WinXP woes
> From:
> "Todd Zashin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:
> Sat, 5 Jan 2002 09:02:16 -0700
> To:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Thanks Larry but yes we are aware of that article and dont use XP HOME
> anywhere HOME or the OFFICE.  We only use XP Professional.
>
> Todd

Cellphone * Work       +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 808 2497 ext 202