At 12:41 AM 1/6/2002 -0800, Ric Tibbetts wrote:
>Thanks Bill!
>I shouldn't need "emulation", it's a full SCSI system (no IDE anywhere
>near it), and the device works as a regular CDrom.
>
>But, lsmod:
>
>#> lsmod
>
><extraneous modules removed>
>aic7xxx               113324   5
>sd_mod                 11572   5
>scsi_mod               94684   3  [st aic7xxx sd_mod]
>
>Modules.conf contains:
>
>probeall aic7xxx aic7xxx
>
>And I don't need the ide -> scsi emulation, so there's nothing in
>lilo.conf about it.
>
>Ric

You are right, Ric. Most of the people on the list are not using a true
scsi drive. So they are inclined to think in terms of IDE scsi emulation.
However, you will still need mod "sg" and "loop".  Try "modprode" or
"ismod" on these, and let us know the results. Also, check
"/etc/modules.conf", you might need something like " alias scsi_hostadapter
aic7xxx".

J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT SA
-Art is the illusion of spontaneity-