AWSdS> I have a Studio PCTV and I can watch TV in my Linux Box MDK 8.1 with
AWSdS> Xawtv.  It works better under Winblows but unfortunately not in total
AWSdS> fullscreen.  My vga card is a Voodoo 3 3000 with Tv output.

 X windows has a support for v4l extension. I dont know which cars it
 supports now, and which, it does not, but i815, nvidia chipsets seems
 working.

 In your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4  file, in the modules section, add

 Load    "v4l"

 and restart your X. "If it supports your video adapter", it should
 make the video smoother and it should let you watch TV in full screen
 in whatever resolution your desktop is.

 I dont know if it is something you need, but there may be someone out
 there who does.

 Onur Kucuk