On Tuesday 08 January 2002 11:49 pm, you wrote:
> Ric Tibbetts wrote:
<Content snipped>
> Just for the record: I still get stuck from time to time too, and bring
> my questions here. It's a great forum! I just personally feel that any
> question starting with, or containing the phrase:
>
>     When I click on the GUI . . .
>
> should be in the newbie list. This "is" an expert list. We should all
> know how to run linux without a gui.
>
> JMHO
Just a refresher , I DIDN'T ask how to configure my network, it's configured
and working fine. I asked about what I percieved to be a lacking feature in
Mandrake Control Center.
I am quite capable of configuring most things using the hard core command
line and vi, IF I NEED TO!!!!! In fact, my file server has NO Graphical desk
top features at all, totally CLI.....
How ever, as I mentioned before, a good GUI interface will generally speed
the process up and also make Linux much more paletable to those wishing to
convert from Windows, including some very EXPERT windows users and sys admins.
I would still like to know if the ability to add exports and mounts is hidden
in or missing from the Mandrake Control Center.
--
Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936