here is a copy of my /etc/fstab file

/dev/hde1 / ext2 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hde6 /home ext2 defaults 1 2
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0
/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom2 auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0

none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hde7 /usr ext2 defaults 1 2
/dev/hde5 swap swap defaults 0 0

as you can see I have isolated the entry for the windows drive. Using this
line I have no problems reading or writing to this drive. you might try
adding a similar line to your fstab file.
I am no expert so you may have other problems I do not know about but lets
hope it works.

Rob