On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 05:21, Michael Leone wrote:
> Originally to: All
>
> This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
> E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.
>
> --=_tcob1.net-7247-1008635608-0001-2
>
> I'm trying to rebuild abiword-0.9.5 from Cooker, on 8.1. I have
> satisfied all dependencies, and start the rebuild. It however, errors
> with this message:
>
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.26340: fg: no job control
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.26340 (%build)
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.26340 (%build)
>
> I've seen this message on other rebuilds. What does it mean?
>
> A google search turns up a number of posts, but no specific answers on
> why, or how to fix. Some posts mention editing the SPEC file, but not
> what to edit out - or in. :-)
>
> Anyone seen this?

Yes, I have!
I was making my own custom version of dosemu-1.0.2.1.
For me it was the %patch macro that wasn't working for some reason and gave
the "no job control" error:

I changed this:

cd ..
%patch -P 5 -p0

to:

(cd ..; patch -p0 <
/usr/src/RPM/SOURCES/dosemu-1.0.2.1-gcc2.96mdk_MD_fix-1.0.patch)

Assuming, %patch is the culprit, you can adapt the lines I have above.
If, it's not, then I don't know.

hth,
pesarif