I think that you can do this... moe's machine has two ip's... one static (NIC),
one dynamic (modem ppp dial-up)...

joe's ip is static (NIC) and at the same network that moe's NIC. I think that
the NFS shouldn't have been affected... if it uses the NIC's to share files and
internet connection. The problem is that I'm not used with that config of
yours... I've no idea how to help you...

--