Ken Thompson wrote:
> Single NIC per machine and 1 modem in the moe machine.
> I thought at first I should be able to use the moe machine's IP for the
> gateway for the joe machine but that didn't seem to work, or possibly I just
> configured it wrong..

This will (can) work.  I think you have to do some things in moe's
machine so it indeed works as a gateway.  I think this can be done by
configuring iptables or ip<whatever> (the older thingie) properly.

I recently saw a post from, IIRC, tester/civileme describing how to do
this.  Search the archives -- I can't immediately think of any real
useful keywords -- IIRC, the subject was not explicity "internet
connection sharing".

Good luck,
Randy Kramer