From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Aaron Winters
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 4:37 AM
To: Mandrake Expert
Subject: [expert] Firewall/Gateway ?

 I have 49 Windows PCs (all but 2 are running Win2k and they are 98se), 16 Macs one Win2k DC and 1 MDK 8.1 web, ftp, ssh server that I manage. They are on a Win2k domain and the DC does all the DNS, the client PCs all have static IPs. They all get there gateway out from a Novell server that I have no control of. I would like to add some firewall protection to my portion of the network (did I mention all the IPs are external!) and I want to be able to block the IM clients like Yahoo, AIM by killing their ports. Could I add a linux box to be the firewall and gateway without to much knowledge of setting this stuff up under Linux. Would it work by pointing the Linux box to the current gateway and change the clients to point to it for their gateway?
Thanks,
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!