on one of the snf mail lists there was a thread where i got told off!:-)
for not reading advisories on how to update snf with regards to httpd-naat
and apache, i forget which list but if iirc the procedure is to download the
update rpms manually and to update apache first manually and then httpd-naat,
naat-frontend-www-en manually, also iirc you have to uninstall httpd-naat
first with --nodeps because of problems with some script or other, i had to
reinstall recently after a failed upgrade to the new snf on cooker adn what i
did was, install fresh, run the update from the web interface, note down all
the rpms listed for upgrade and then fetch them manually, then, uninstalled
httpd-naat and naat-frontend-www-en both --nodeps, then i uninstalled apache,
php, mod_php, mod_auth_external (all these rpm names from memory) and some
others - they were all listed as dependencies of the newer version of apache
- using --nodeps, then i installed the newer apache and its dependencies,
followed by httpd-naat, naat-backend and naat-frontend-www-en nad then any
others,
durng this process i noticed that i got a message saying that perl was not in
the rpm database (or similar), it might be a good idea to make updating perl
the first job before anythin else so that the rpm database has it listed
anyway snf is now updated, i have all the users i should have, running update
lists all the mirrors (doesn't find any updates presumably because there
aren' any), and https://snfhost:8443 lets me in fine, whether this is the
recommended way to do things i can't say but it seems to have worked for me
the list that this got discussed in was either:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
what archives exist i'm not sure