Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19) instead of a Linux email client:

Speaking of M$ madness, following I shall be testing what I learned on
Slashdot this morning.

begin  quoting writer's message:

> Hi There,

> Rather than snarling and carrying on about this M$ thing. Why not give
> a demonstration of Linux to the school. I'm sure that they would be
> open to this kind of thing (especially since you work with it ;-) ).
> Even if you install Linux on a box that will only be used for browsing
> the internet, you've started the school on the right track. Don't get
> into this philosophy that M$ is bad, Linux is good. Because
> technically challenged people will start turning off. Offer Linux as a
> windows alternative at bargain basement prices.

> For example demonstrate KDE, Mozilla, StarOffice and XMMS. Once they
> see the price advantages, bye bye M$. Good Luck and let us know how
> you get on.

quote
end

begin  response

Mere demo? Prolly need both a demo of the power to do the same
particular activities as provided for with M$ software, then follow with
demo of acquisition cost of each item of software, showing the massive
waste of tax dollars by not using Linux.
--
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless
the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://mrmazda.members.atlantic.net/