El mié, 30-01-2002 a las 11:50, Lars Roland Kristiansen escribió:
> On 30 Jan 2002, Oscar wrote:
>
> > El mié, 30-01-2002 a las 09:10, Lars Roland Kristiansen escribió:
> > > I have just installed a mandrake server. It is configured with high
> > > security level, and sshd is runing. My question is this: where du I put
> > > the ipnames of the computers that are to be allowd to connect to the
> > > server using ssh. I have put the names in /etc/hosts.allow but this doesnt
> > > seam to be enough.
> > >
> > > Sorry for my bad english.
> > >
> > > ___
> > > Mvh./Yours sincerely
> > >
> > > Lars
> >
> > /etc/hosts.allow is the correct place to put the names.
> > On the other hand, if you have a firewall running you must leave the
> > port 22 open.
> > Saludos
> > óscar.
> >

> Is an IP name enough or do i have to specifie INED service
> can somone pleace show me an hosts.allow file with ssh enabled that would
> help
>

> ___
> Mvh./Yours sincerely
>
> Lars

For example, if you need allow access to 123.123.123.123, you must put
in /etc/hosts.allow this:

sshd:123.132.123.123

You can also put the ALL: prefix instead of sshd:, but you will grant
access to all services using hosts.allow.

And you can use netmasks:

sshd:123.123.123.0/255.255.255.0

Hope this help you.
Saludos