Are your switches PS/2 style or AT style?  I use a mechanical KVM, AT
style, and just recently hooked up my first computer that had a PS/2
port for the mouse.  I found I had better luck running the mouse into a
serial port than the PS/2 port.  (I tried PS/2 to AT converters on the
input and output of the switch -- it works fine for the keyboard but did
not work for the mouse.)

I'm just wondering if, when I buy an electronic KVM, I'm better off
buying an AT style, using PS/2 to AT converters for the keyboard, and
sticking with serial mice?

Randy Kramer