This maybe a bit late on the thread, hope still helps. I have a Linksys
electronic KVM switch with Logitech mouse, they work together well with
a few catches. First, you have to tell your box it's a standard 3 button
wheel mouse. Second, disable gdm (or what the mouse service is called in
text mode), if it is not disabled, when you switch between text and X,
you will lose your mouse, sometimes even kb. Other then that, I have not
have any problem with the switch at all.

BTW, it's a PS/2 switch.

Robin