On Wednesday 30 January 2002 05:32 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan, at 16:36:14 -0700, Praedor Tempus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
done said:
[...]
> > supervise: fatal: unable to start env/run: file does not exist
> > supervise: fatal: unable to start root/run: file does not exist
> So do a ls on
> /service/tinydns/run
> and
> /service/tinydns/root/run
[...]

run exists in the /service but not in root and not in env.  The install
script doesn't create them and as far as I can determine, it shouldn't.

[...]
> > This is inspite of following the directions and building and
> > installing tinydns without problem.  I have tried adding:
> >
> > search <my domainname>
> > nameserver 127.0.0.1
> > nameserver 155.101.152.159
>
> You're not using that just with tinydns are you?  If so, that's not
> what tinydns's purpose in life is.

>From what I gathered, it was among the suggestions and among the
examples on the djbdns site.  I have a dynamic IP.  I want to run a
mailserver from whatever IP I have, thus I would like a static
domainname, which I do have.  I believe I would need dhcp-dns (which I
also have) in combination with tinydns so that my domainname (and thus
mailserver) is always visable regardless of IP address and without me
having to manually update my files myself whenever my IP address
changes.

If there is another solution (static IP is not an option) then I would
be happy to hear it.  What I would really like is to be able to "force"
my ISPs DNSs to update whenever my IP address changes and themselves
always point to my particular domain and my mailserver.