Praedor;

I'm not sure I understand, but......

I think the issue here is getting your domain name host, edomains if I recall,
to update the IP associated with your domain name when you get a new IP
address assigned. It doesn't matter if you update your local DNS on your box
with the new dhcp IP when it changes because the rest of the world will still
be resolving your domain to whatever IP the domain name register was
forwarding your domain to when it was last updated. I would check with
edomains (or whoever your host is) to see if you can change your IP forwarding
and MX record by script. If so, your in business. The only downside is there
may be a bit of lag time between the changes made and decimination of that
info through the primary DNS system.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN * BERTIN, PLLC