On Friday 08 February 2002 21:29, Svante Signell wrote:

> After trying to use the Mandrake update tools urpmi, rpmdrake, etc and
> finding them more or less unusable (at least to follow cooker), I
> tried apt(-rpm) and these tools are. Or should be, as expected from
> the apt tools in Debian (used on my other boxes; no probs eg to follow
> unstable), _if_ the ftp sites had updated *.cooker files! But they do
> not, for example ftp.sunet.se shows:
>
> mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake:
> RPMS.cooker 0 04/28/01 02:00:00
>
> mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/base:
> pkglist.cooker 10719066 12/24/01 20:54:00
> srclist.cooker 883823 07/27/01 02:00:00

Looks about right - apt worked great for me until last Christmas, and
hasn't worked at all since, on any cooker site.

I suspect the guy at mandrake who used to do this has left, and they never
bothered to assign the task to someone else.

> (Also, maybe apt should be moved from RPMS2 to RPMS, at least for
> cooker??)

Not much point in that if they aren't going to maintain the .cooker files,
is there?

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

...hey, at least a wild goose chase gives you some exercise-Neal Stephenson