On Sunday 17 February 2002 01:32 pm, you wrote:
> I use a Miro PCTV, i don't know if this can helps you, here is my
> module.conf part for this card :
>
> alias char-major-81 bttv
> pre-install bttv modprobe -k tuner;
> options bttv card=39
> options tuner debug=0 type=3
>
> notice that when i install this vid card, the bios complains about the
> irq, because it couldn't be modified.
>
> after a "modprobe bttv", I also had to add some sym links :
>
> video -> v4l/video0
> vbi -> v4l/vbi0
>
> (the /dev dir is mounted by defsd on my computer).
>
> regards, Adrien.

You know... thanks for bringing that up! I forgot. The only way I got it
working was to add in my modules.conf file was:

options bttv card=2

At least it was about that time that I added this option it started to work.
?? I guess what I should do is start from scratch, but I'm having so much fun
playing with this new Mandrake 8.2 beta 2 I can't force myself to. :) I sure
miss my gnome though. It is so much easier to configure than KDE. I started
out with KDE but the more I use Gnome the better I like it.