That's basically right. There's still a feeling out there that MySQL is the
faster database for selects and such, though I have seen benchmarks all over
the board on that. And it is quite clear that with version 7.1 (I believe)
Postgres has at least closed that speed gap considerably.

In terms of transactions *please someone who cares about such things correct
me if I am wrong* MySQL should catch up with Postgres very, very soon.

In terms of features, again, there really isn't any possible debate here:
Postgres has the best feature set of the two, hands down - views and
triggers are the big ones on my wish list for MySQL. I think the only thing
MySQL does (that I care about) that Postgres doesn't is full-text indexing,
though I may be wrong about that.

The only thing preventing me from switching to PG is the lack of a Windows
version (I know, I know...), which, for reasons I won't get into here,
simply eliminates PG as an option for me - at least for the applications I
am working on.