On Wednesday 20 February 2002 02:08 am, you wrote:
> Try postgres and mySQL for starters.

FWIW, there is a very neat program availabe for a Linux GUI database.
It is called Knoda and (at this time) supports MySql (inluded with Mandrak
8.1) in a M$ Access look alike format.
Forms and reports are also supported and unlike PGAccess you don't need to
know coding to get the textbox to take info (or labels etc.).
If you have used M$ Access you know that you can build a table, populate it
and retrieve the info through a form, Knoda does this as well.
It's worh a look. Knoda can be found at  http://knoda.sourceforge.net
--
Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936