On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 13:29, Hoyt wrote:
> On
> > I tried moving the 3rdparty directory, all that happens there is that
> > make config, or make xconfig fail on startup as that directory is used.
> >

> Then you'll have to try something else.

suggest then ?

> Can you compile the unaltered Mandrake sources? If so, then it's what you are
> doing or the incompatability of the patch (to mandrake sources) that is the
> problem.

last kernel that compiled was 2.4.16 without problems
2.4.17-20mdk fails on make dep on the 3rdparty section, so its not the
patch I added.
> > the process of development is to product a stable working product, and
> > not to have a private little club.
> >

> No, it's to have a working product the way the Mandrake developers want it.
> If you want something different, you're on your owm -- that choice is what
> Linux and free software are all about.
>
> My advice? Patch the generic kernel sources. If that fails, double-check your
> methodology and if your methodology is correct, contact the person who wrote
> the patch.

I'm downloading the generic kernel now, and compiled it.

The 3rdparty section is a mandrake addon, screwup, whatever.
Is it too much to ask who ever put patched that on to the generic kernel
how to compile it .
If the mandrake kernel gurus add something, they should at least support
it.
As I said this should have been posted to cooker, but they dont like to
sort out the mess they make, and block mailing.

--
Best regards
Richard Bown