thanks for the advice
but I already use make mrproper, ansd always use make clean after make
dep.

This is a mandrake thing, they have added a 3rdparty section, which I
cant even past make dep, thats where it fails,
I've downloaded the generic kernel patched rc4 and the netrom patch,
and it builds and the modules build.
There are a few thing in the mdk kernel which make it usefull ie
supermount, and thats why I'd rather use it.
but it s getting right up my nose the way the demi gods put something in
a kernel and dont support it..

it fails every time when trying to make dep at this point
make -C 3rdparty fastdep

--
Best regards
Richard Bown