I can't answer this question, but I'd like to piggyback a related
question (I think).

Background: I'm learning about email, procmail, postfix, pop servers,
etc.  I've become aware (I think) that if you have a "shell account" at
your ISP you could potentially run Procmail on the ISP's machine, and
filter mail (based on your rules) and discard it without ever
downloading it to your machine.  (This would at least save me some
connect time or bandwidth, and others paying for connect time, some
money.)

Question: Is there a way to do something similar without having a "shell
account" at your ISP.  Or, does everybody with an account at an ISP have
at least some sort of shell account, because your email address does
represent a user account on the ISP's email server?  And, if so, can you
set up Procmail with your own rules there?

Aside: I'm aware of tools like kshowmail that (and my ISP's webmail
thingie), which let me look at the mail on my ISP's server and consider
deleting stuff, but my ISP's webmail thingie is so slow it makes me
believe I am not saving any bandwidth (and I know I'm not decreasing my
connect time -- it's going up).

Randy Kramer