1:24am... Sridhar Dhanapalan ran for the door shrieking:

>> >No not really, best thing is learn how to use the application.
>> >

>> Alright, thanks for your help!
>> Mike
>
>Two things which may help:
>
>1. Script-fu allows you to write automated scripts for The GIMP. I haven't tried
>it, but I hear that it is more powerful than its Photoshop counterpart.
>
>2. ImageMagick's components can be accessed from the command line, and so can be
>called from just about anything (e.g. a shell or Perl script).

Well, I'm not sure my original question was understood completely.  It
wasn't that I was looking for a plugin just for the gimp, though I'm aware
of it's versatile nature.  I'm not really much of a graphics guru and my
time is divided among several other things (as most people, I'm sure!) so
I was just wondering if there was a software package out there (windows,
mac, unix, whatever...) that would do what I said in my original post.
Here's a link to my photo gallery so you can maybe see what I'm talking
about:
http://www.holt-tech.net/photos/
The first picture you'll see when you get there was done by a photo booth
in the mall and I'm not sure if they used a cnc type machine to actually
draw the picture, or if it was converted using some type of proprietary
software.  When we sat in the booth, it took about 5 minutes for it to
finish the photo and it was done "in the hand of Leonardo Da Vinci" per
our choice.
While I do enjoy working with the gimp, right now I'm interested in seeing
if anyone else has tried this and could point me toward the method they
used.

Mike

--
Michael & Tracy Holt
Kirkland, WA                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]