12:02am... David ran for the door shrieking:

>Hello all,
>
>Can someone compare/contrast FreeBSD and Linux for me?

>From my experience, installing most *nix's is pretty simple after you're
used to one.  The linux and FreeBSD hard drive and partition labeling
schemes are quite a bit different however, and I would recommend reading
this before getting started:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+FreeBSD-2.html

This gives a little background on that topic.  The other thing is that if
you're used to Mandrake, FreeBSD isn't going to have some of the cool
tools you've gotten used to, but you can pretty much find ports for most
of the major software packages.  KDE for example is still there and you
could make it so that a workstation user would never know the difference.

Well, that's my $.02
Good luck, Mike

--
Michael & Tracy Holt
Kirkland, WA                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]