Hi,

I can use ppp being root on my Mandrake 8.2 RC1 box, but not from
user accounts. I am using wvdial. I was able to do this before I
upgraded from 8.1, but I do not remember what I did to make it work
from user accounts on 8.1. I have tried this:

a+rx /usr/sbin/{pppd,chat}
chmod a+rw /dev/tts/LT0 (My Lucent based WinModem)
chmod u+s /usr/sbin/pppd

but it doesn't work. I get the message:

"Cannot open /dev/modem: Device or resource busy" using wvdial from
user accounts.

What am I missing?

TIA

--
Christian Dysthe
http://www.dysthe.net

        "Everybody ought to have a Lower East Side
         in their life"

                                  -Irving Berlin-