This isn't specifically a Mandrake thing, but I'm hoping that someone here
can give me some pointers to help out.

I'm running ML 8.1 on my Linux box, and for the last several days, my
system as just stopped.  Locked up pretty completely.  I'll hit the reset
button to restart the system, and it will run for more-or-less 24 hours and
then just halt again.  The motherboard is an Epox EP-MVP3G with an AMD
K6-2 CPU in it.  I was running a 550MHz chip, and fell back to an older
350MHz chip thinking that it might be the CPU dieing on me, but that hasn't
helped.  I've run Memtest-86 on the machine, and it doesn't report problems
with any of my RAM SIMMs.  I'm beginning to have the Creeping Feeling Of
Doom that the motherboard is dieing on me, but I'd like to get a second
opinion before I go out hunting down another K6-2 compatible Socket 7
motherboard.  Educated opinions welcomed and appreciated. :-)

                    --Dave
--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!
 http://www.akaMail.com/pgpkey/davidg or key server