Darren King wrote:
> Damn...I find it hard to believe this new release went through so many
> betas and RC's and still has showstopper bugs in it.  What really pisses
> me off is that old versions of the software worked fine so it seems that
> mandrake put new stuff in just because it's new and not because it's any
> better.

There are more conservative distributions.  use them.

> if I run xcdroast as root, I just get the 2nd part of the error.
>
> I can run cdda2wav from the command line.
>
> Come on mandrake....if it aint broke, dont fix it.

perhaps when you were testing one of the RCs you missed this,
...or maybe mandrake didn't get to your bug report in time.

my patience with this constant barrage of complaints disguised as
questions is wearing thin.  no one forced this distro on your computer.
  If you want help, ask your question with the understanding that most
of us DO NOT work for MandrakeSoft.

Save your rant for a <a href="http://slashdot.org";>more appropriate
venue</a>.

--