Attn: Civeleme and J. Craig Woods (and others):

I've started this page to accumulate information about filesystems,
including some sort of comparative rating of journaling filesystems:

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/LinuxFilesystems

It is intended to be more or less a summary rather than getting into all
the details, although if I begin to collect details I can add them (or
you can add them, as it is a wiki), maybe on sub pages dedicated to each
particular file system.

Currrently the comparative rating is something I call the C.Rating (for
civileme), and it is a rating I applied to the journaling filesystems
without looking up civileme's old post(s).
Civileme -- if you have time please look over the page and give me any
comments you may have (or objections to using your name, or whatever).

J. Craig Woods -- (is there a short form of your name that you use?) --
I'm not sure if I know what you mean by the attribs -- I assume you mean
the -rwxrwxrwx permissions on a typical Linux file.  Does this also
include the concepts of owner and group?  (i.e., reiser does not support
those?)   Maybe you meant the more dos like attributes, like hidden,
read-only, archive, and hidden?  (I get the impression some Linux
filesystems include those attributes.)

Everybody else -- additions and judicious editing are solicited.  You
will have to register at
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration by providing your
name, email address (which is spam "proofed" on twiki.org), and your
home country -- a very onerous set of requirements ;-)

regards,
Randy Kramer