On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:17:34 -0800
"David Guntner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote and hopefully I read
right:

> Lyvim Xaphir grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 03:56, David Guntner wrote:
> > >
> > > E-Mail is largely ignored, and is an ineffective way to
petition most
> > > representatives and senators.  If you're going to petition
them in a way
> > > that will be noticed, you still need to send regular paper US
mail.

> > Dave,
> >
> > This had not occurred to me.  Like most technical types,
political
> > activism is a new thing for me.  I thank you for this advice; I
will
> > discuss this with the guys at the local ISP.  Hopefully your
input will
> > generate even more influence.
>
> Glad I was able to provide some useful information.
Unfortunately, even
> though othe US congress is (slowly :) moving into the electronic
age, they
> don't take as much note (if any, really) of E-Mail.  It's easy to
send, and
> they get tons of it - and it's just electrons on the screen.
Paper mail,
> on the other hand, takes some effort to send and presents them
with
> something physical.  So it carries a lot more weight then E-Mail
does.

> There's an online petition at http://www.PetitionOnline.com/SSSCA/
which I
> did "sign."  But I also realize that it won't carry much weight
(if any).
> So I just spent the last hour and a half tracking down addresses
for my
> various reps and senators, and printing out letters to mail. :-)
>
>                     --Dave
> --
>       David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!
>  http://www.akaMail.com/pgpkey/davidg or key server
>                  for PGP Public key

To give everyone a quicker way of finding your reps go to
http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/ziptoit.html  A service provided
by the US mail. It will find them and give you links out to contact
them.

James