11:15am... John Haywood carefully chose these words:

>On Friday 29 March 2002 01:46, you wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>         Problem is this; does anyone know if I can just use plain old 144
>> sodimms for any toshiba in my 315CDT or if I have to go with the ones
>> specifically for that model?  I wouldn't think it would make a difference,
>> but they have gone to the trouble of making SEVERAL different part numbers
>> to cover all the different toshiba laptops.
>
>indications on www.kingston.com indicate that your lappy uses standard
>SODIMMS - max 128 meg
>
>hth

Well, I checked the kingston site and I guess I'm not sure what "standard"
means.  When I look at the requirements for my laptop, it says 16Mbit EDO
DRAM, 3.3v 66MHz 60ns and 64 bit data width.  My question is, will SDRAM
work in an EDO DRAM slot?  I know the pins are the same (144pin) and
they're all called "sodimms", but even the kingston site wants me to use
KTT650/64 which it says are only for a certain group of toshiba laptops
(mine included).  Are they just not telling me that I can spend less and
get the more common SDRAM SODIMMS?

Mike

--
Michael Holt                             (o_
www.holt-tech.net              (o_  (o_  //\