No, I saw this kind of thing when I was setting up my Linux box to serve
as a masquerading gateway for my LAN (which had a Win98 machine on it)
also.  The IP address that windows is getting below is a default address
that Windows sets when it can't get an address via DHCP.

I had a lot of trouble getting networking to work properly.
 Unfortunately, I cannot remember what I did to correct the problem.
 However, it may have something to do with the fact that I'm not using
the rc.firewall scripts that were generated by draknet (which
surpisingly didn't seem too secure to me for *any* internet access).

FYI, you can often get more info on Win98 DHCP configuration by running
winipcfg.