On Tuesday 02 April 2002 17:19, J. Craig Woods wrote:

> Do not hold your breath, Countess, because you will find the "cat"
> skulking about in 8.2 also.

OK, you woke up my curiosity and had to check what's goin' on on my
system.. Found sleeping cats on LM 8.1, RH 7.2 and FreeBSD 4.5, when
running KDM. So it's not Mandrake related.. I killed the cat and that
kwrited, logged out and logged back in and there they both were again..

Obviously it's doing something log related stuff (xsession-errors
maybe?). Hmm.. strange is though that when I booted FreeBSD and started
pure gnome-session those two fellows were there again.. Maybe one should
kick KDE out of the house to get rid of sleepy cats?

BTW. When I made ps ax it said cat's STAT was Is+. i.e. it's idling, is a
session leader and is in the foreground process group of its control
terminal. Right. Could someone translate that in English?

Cheers,
J.