hi civileme /listers,

i have 8.1 installed on my system now and kde 2.2 too

[root@rayearth conf]# rpm -qa|grep kde
kdelibs-sound-2.2.1-5mdk
kdegraphics-2.2.1-2mdk
kdemultimedia-devel-2.2.1-2mdk
kdesdk-2.2.1-1mdk
kdev_htdig-1.1-2mdk
kdelibs-2.2.1-5mdk
kdemultimedia-2.2.1-2mdk
kdenetwork-devel-2.2.1-2mdk
kdepim-2.2.1-1mdk
kdebase-2.2.1-7mdk
kdenetwork-2.2.1-2mdk
kdetoys-2.2.1-1mdk
kdelibs-devel-2.2.1-5mdk
kdevelop-2.0.1-1mdk
kdeadmin-2.2.1-2mdk
kdeutils-2.2.1-2mdk

but i still have that /bin/cat process :-(

[root@dm conf]# ps ax|grep cat
 2584 pts/0    S      0:00 /bin/cat
15642 ?        S      2:44
/usr/lib/netscape/netscape-communicator -session-mana
16397 pts/8    D      0:00 grep cat
[root@dm  conf]#

care to update us on this? did the "temporary measure"
become "permanent"? i still dont see it on other
distros (rh and slackware to be exact).

cheers,
dianne