hi jussi

--- Jussi Aalto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, you woke up my curiosity and had to check what's
> goin' on on my
> system.. Found sleeping cats on LM 8.1, RH 7.2 and
> FreeBSD 4.5, when
> running KDM. So it's not Mandrake related.. I killed
> the cat and that
> kwrited, logged out and logged back in and there
> they both were again..

the current versions i have are RH/VAlinux 6.2 and
slackware 8.0 . i guess these are not using FULL KDE
like LX pointed out on another email. maybe it depends
on the implementation of KDE on a particular distro. i
just installed an RH 7.2 system and found /bin/cat
there too.

and the reason i might have thought it was mandrake
related was because of "CIVILEME"'s answer to my
original post last year.

> Obviously it's doing something log related stuff
> (xsession-errors
> maybe?). Hmm.. strange is though that when I booted
> FreeBSD and started
> pure gnome-session those two fellows were there
> again.. Maybe one should
> kick KDE out of the house to get rid of sleepy cats?

> BTW. When I made ps ax it said cat's STAT was Is+.
> i.e. it's idling, is a
> session leader and is in the foreground process
> group of its control
> terminal. Right. Could someone translate that in
> English?

LOL, errr, Vincent Danen? Civileme? could you
translate that in English?

dianne