J. Craig Woods wrote:
> Because we have had a few threads about the CLI, and because remote file
> editing with vi is such an efficient method, I thought I would share a
> little document that I found, and converted to html. You can view it at
> http://www.trismegistus.net/vi_cheatsheets.htm

Dr. John,

Thanks, looks good!  I've linked to it from a WikiLearn page
(http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/Vi).

Question (for anyone):

How do you get in and out of recording mode?  I searched your document
for "record" and found nothing.  Just yesterday I jumped into vi (or
maybe it was vim?) to do a quick edit and accidentally got into
"recording" mode (I presume to record a macro).  Took me quite a while
to get out by almost randomly pressing keys.  Not sure how I finally
accomplished it.

Randy Kramer