Tim Cruikshank wrote:
> On Saturday 06 April 2002 10:41, you wrote:
> > How do you get in and out of recording mode?  I searched your document
> > for "record" and found nothing.  Just yesterday I jumped into vi (or
> > maybe it was vim?) to do a quick edit and accidentally got into
> > "recording" mode (I presume to record a macro).  Took me quite a while
> > to get out by almost randomly pressing keys.  Not sure how I finally
> > accomplished it.

> Press <esc>

Thanks, but IIRC, that didn't work for me (that was one of the things
that I know I tried).  Sometimes when I was in recording *and* insert
mode, one or more <esc>s got me back to recording mode only, but did not
cancel recording mode.

Guess I'll have to try it again next time, except I hope there is no
next time. ;-)

regards,
Randy Kramer