8.2 seems to be much more stable for me than 8.1 was (although 8.1 wasn't that bad
other than some devfs problems I had).  As for KDE3.0, I used the texstar rpms and
they seem to work without problems (well, at least none that I found :) )  I should
add that I'm only running KDE 3.0 on my test machine (I run 8.2 on both my regular and
my test machine).

For everyone trying to get KDE 3.0 to work, I really question "Why?"  Almost all of my
KDE apps are KDE2 specific and still use the KDE2 libs. So while it adds some nice
eye-candy, I'm not sure of the main benefit to using it on a normal production system
unless you are planning on testing and  submitting bug reports to kde.org.

I think Mandrake made the right choice with sticking with a stable KDE2.2 in their 8.2
release, instead of trying to force fit a good, but not necessarily stable KDE3.0 in
the release.  Almost always, .0 releases of anything tend to have more bugs.

Joe