If you did install it yourself then you may also
want to check that there are no updates for the
motherboard manual.

The manual that came with our A7M266-D had the IDE
activity LED wire going into the keyboard lock!
Not until I looked through the updated version on
the Asus website did I realise why the keyboard
wasn't responding :)

Paul.