I've noticed another problem with the 8.2 installation/upgrade.

I did an Expert Install on a disk with a /boot, /, and /home/
partitions. Only /home was not formated. Installation is flawless.

If I re-create a previously defined user from the command prompt and
specify the UID, the next login to KDE will completely lock the system.
It appears to have lots of problems migrating the KDE 2.2.1 preferences
correctly. The only way around it is to delete all the kde references in
the user's home directory and then manually re-adjust the preferences.