Hi all,

After a lot of help and some extra investigation I found a way to use my HPT
raid on Mandrake 8.2. It was simple:
modprobe ataraid
modprobe hptraid

and mounting the 2 NTFS partitions I have:

[root@Gamusino etc]# mount -t ntfs /dev/ataraid/disc0/part5
/mnt/windows_raid_e
[root@Gamusino etc]# mount -t ntfs /dev/ataraid/disc0/part1
/mnt/windows_raid_d

All of this worked and I have access to tese disks.

But now I want to mount it at boot time putting the following 2 lines in the
fstab file:

/dev/ataraid/disc0/part1 /mnt/windows_raid_d ntfs
iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0
/dev/ataraid/disc0/part5 /mnt/windows_raid_e ntfs
iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0

but it doesn't work for me:
[root@Gamusino etc]# mount -a
mount: tipo de sistema de archivos incorrecto, opción incorrecta,
superbloque incorrecto en /dev/ataraid/disc0/part1,
o número de sistemas de archivos montados excesivo
mount: tipo de sistema de archivos incorrecto, opción incorrecta,
superbloque incorrecto en /dev/ataraid/disc0/part5,
o número de sistemas de archivos montados excesivo
(sorry, my Locale is Spanish) :-)

In English: mount: incorrect filesystem type, incorrect option, incorrect
superblock or excessive
number of filesystems. (or so on)

Any of you knwo what is the problem?

Thanks in advance

PS: I guess some of the messages (and thaks for some replys) I sent using my
ISP's provided mail never arrived to this list.
So tanks for the previous responses you send me. I'm going to repost this
using Hotmail...