On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 14:02, Gregorio Perez Aguilera wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After a lot of help and some extra investigation I found a way to use my
> HPT raid on Mandrake 8.2. It was simple:
> modprobe ataraid
> modprobe hptraid
>
> and mounting the 2 NTFS partitions I have:
>
> [root@Gamusino etc]# mount -t ntfs /dev/ataraid/disc0/part5 /mnt/windows_raid_e
> [root@Gamusino etc]# mount -t ntfs /dev/ataraid/disc0/part1 /mnt/windows_raid_d
>
> All of this worked and I have access to tese disks.
>
> But now I want to mount it at boot time putting the following 2 lines in the fstab
>file:
>
> /dev/ataraid/disc0/part1 /mnt/windows_raid_d ntfs
>iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0
> /dev/ataraid/disc0/part5 /mnt/windows_raid_e ntfs
>iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0
>
> but it doesn't work for me:

> In English: mount: incorrect filesystem type, incorrect option, incorrect superblock
>or excessive
> number of filesystems. (or so on)
>
> Any of you knwo what is the problem?

One problem that I can think of immediately is that you are not loading
the modules early enough in the boot process.  What I would suggest is
putting those modules into a new initrd.  This means you need to get
familiar with the idiosyncracies of the mkinitrd command, if you are not
already.

What would help also would be for you to decompress the existing initrd
file that you have and mount it via the loop device(s).  After you do
that you can have a peek inside the initrd filesystem and see what
exactly is going on.  This also will let you see what modules are
already there, thus giving you the opportunity to place those in your
new initrd file.

There are other ways to get that information, but IMO there's nothing
like looking inside the initrd filesystem itself.

Anyway, that should fix your problem...

> Thanks in advance
>

> PS: I guess some of the messages (and thaks for some replys) I sent using my ISP's
>provided mail never arrived to this list.
> So tanks for the previous responses you send me. I'm going to repost this using
>Hotmail...

HTH,

LX

--
Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.1