On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 06:23, Barran, Richard wrote:
> > I agree. But I would a couple more names to your list of
> > people we need to
> > vote out: Bush and Cheney. And believe me, I do everything I
> > can to get these
> > guys out and stop them from raping our freedoms and selling
> > out to corporate
> > America.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
> >

> > On Tuesday 16 April 2002 18:46, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> > > The government has become increasingly intrusive over the
> > last 20 years.

> Well as this mailing list now seems to cover parochial politics as well as
> about the Linux distribution we all know and love, who wants to start up a
> thread about the imminent budget announcement by the British government? I
> know we're in for a tax rise, but by how much, and will it be direct
> taxation, or a hike on petrol/fags/booze? What do you think?

Better watch your grammar (word usage?); being yanks, they might think
her majesty's loyal gov't is starting to tax alternative lifestyles
(rather than tobacco products).

Do you know our fundamental problem in Canada is?

We SHOULD have inherited:
British Culture, French Cuisine, and Yankee Knowhow......

Instead we got:
Yankee Culture, British Cuisine, and French Knowhow...

Ken.