At 05:43 AM 6/4/02, Alastair Scott wrote:

>There are excellent suggestions here:
>
><http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1977000/1977405.stm>
>
>Completely random password generators are a bad idea, but a former ISP
>of mine had an ingenious package which produced passwords based on the
>frequencies of digraphs and trigraphs (in English) interspersed with
>_unlikely_ single letters. This produced memorable, speakable passwords
>which were also nonsense (and could be trivially altered with symbols
>or digits). The following seems to do roughly the same thing:
>
><http://www.multicians.org/thvv/gpw.html>
>
>Alastair

My first ISP assigned randomly generated 8 letter passwords which
alternated vowels and consonants.  That was pretty nice because it gave a
pronounceable, easily remembered nonsense "word".  Since then I've come
across several perl scripts that generate passwords with that same
vowel/consonant pattern.  I liked them.