Hallo!

I've removed Kde 2.2.2 and installed Mandrake's Kde 3.01 (/usr), but I can no
longer get to the graphical login.  It's trying to get to it continuosly
(screen blinks), and I cannot get to a console using ctrl+alt+f1 (or 2, 3,
4).  The only thing I can do is to press ctrl+alt+supr and to enter in safe
mode - text only.

If I start in maintenance mode, normal boot without X I can then use startx
with no problem.

I've also removed (with --nodeps) kdebase and reinstalled it.  I thought that
graphical login was in there... 8-?

After reboot I've done the same with gnome-core with no luck.  Help is
appreciated.

Here's my /etc/sysconfig/desktop file:
DESKTOP="Gnome"

I've also tryed the following /etc/sysconfig/desktop content:
DISPLAYMANAGER=kdm

Thanks!  ;)
--
   Joan Tur. Eivissa-Balears