Bill wrote on Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 04:53:42PM -0700 :
> That makes sense. Thanks for the education. Now I know somethin new.
>
> One question though. If you have a 100mb nic and run it in full duplex mode
> isnt that like running at 200mb?

Yes.  But that's combining both directions.  If we think like that a cop
could pull you over for doing 130 in a 60 MPH zone. :)

IMHO, throughput is measured by copying from machine A to machine B.  It
cannot exceed 100 Mb doing that function.  In practice, if you get close
to 80 Mb, you are doing very good.

Blue skies...           Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because