On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 12:48 -0400, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

> Theo, get Ogle and install it. It works great, is easy to install, and will
> even let you do menu navigation. It won't work with absolutley *all* DVD's
> but it does work with the majority of my small collection.
>
> You will need these files:
>
> a52dec-libs-0.7.2-2.i686.rpm
> libdvdcss-1.2.1-fr1.i386.rpm
> libdvdread-0.9.3-ogle1.i686.rpm
> libxml2-2.4.13-1.i686.rpm
> ogle-0.8.3-ogle1.i586.rpm
> ogle_gui-0.8.3-ogle1.i386.rpm
>
> >From their website:
>
> http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/
>
> Note that there are various 386/586/686 versions - grab what you need for
> your particular CPU...
>
> If you have any problems, post'em and we'll try to help. Lots of Ogle users
> here...
>
> Hope this helps! :-)

I had trouble getting xine to work, well, it showed the movie but no
sound. I use Gnome and all other sound apps work ok.

I installed ogle now using your mail as advice and everything works! It
took less than 10 minutes to download and install. Now I just look at a
travel dvd about Paris, France.

One thing bothers me a bit: When I start ogle from a terminal I see
lots of lines floationg by while the dvd is playing. Those are debug
messages about resyncing, framerates and stuff.
Can I avoid those by using a cli argument with ogle? They don't seem to
cause problems, though.

wobo
--
Registered Linux User 228909  Powered By Mandrake Linux sum(8.1+0.1)
Microsoft, Windows, Bugs, Lacking Features, IRQ Conflicts, System