On Saturday 29 June 2002 01:45 am, you wrote:
> I just installed the xine rpms from cooker, and I'm having a bit of
> trouble actually watching anything with them.  I've tried a few AVI
> files or MPEG, and I've had few problems.  (I can't watch the avi clips
> produced by my digital camera, for example.)  However, when I put in a
> DVD, I get an error message.
>
> - xine engine error -
> There is no input plugin available to handle 'dvd://VIDEO_TS.VOB'.
> Maybe MRL syntax is wrong or file/stream doesn not exist.
>
> The 'messages' tab of the 'more...' dialog suggests that the DVD may be
> encrypted.  Can anybody help me resolve this problem?  I'd like to be
> able to watch the movies I have on DVD (all legally owned by me and/or
> my wife).
>
> Thanks,
>     - Theo

Theo, get Ogle and install it. It works great, is easy to install, and will
even let you do menu navigation. It won't work with absolutley *all* DVD's
but it does work with the majority of my small collection.

You will need these files:

a52dec-libs-0.7.2-2.i686.rpm
libdvdcss-1.2.1-fr1.i386.rpm
libdvdread-0.9.3-ogle1.i686.rpm
libxml2-2.4.13-1.i686.rpm
ogle-0.8.3-ogle1.i586.rpm
ogle_gui-0.8.3-ogle1.i386.rpm

>From their website:

http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/

Note that there are various 386/586/686 versions - grab what you need for
your particular CPU...

If you have any problems, post'em and we'll try to help. Lots of Ogle users
here...

Hope this helps! :-)

--
                                                                          /\