On Friday 12 July 2002 20:34, Dean S. Messing wrote:
> P.S.  From stuff I've seen on the web, it does seem to be necessary
>       to have compiled KDE with --enable-xinerama (or some such) but
>       everyone tells me that Mdk comes that way.  And, again,
>       I have no idea which packages "count" with regard to my problem.
>       Do I need to look through the .spec files of all 24 or so KDE
>       packages to make sure they all have xinerama enabled?
>
>       Surely someone on this list runs both xinerama and KDE.  Please
>       help me.  (But first read the previous postings in this thread :-)
>       To do so go to http://www.mandrake.com/en/archives/expert/2002-07/
>       and search for xinerama.  Thanks.

I am running 8.2 with xinerama, and it worked out of the box with kde 3.0.2
packages.  The X configurator asked me if I wanted xinerama version or just
plain screen (Matrox G550).

The boxes are of course grayed out if the xinerama is not enabled on the
server itself.  In kde xinerama options only tell the window manager to be
aware of xinerama and make more intelligent window placement decisions.

Even without that, you should be have two screens up and running and you
should be able to move windows across the two screens at will.

Teemu